Parental control becomes extremely important when we talk about growing kids and their apprehensiveness, anxiousness to know more. We all know the dark side of the online places and how it can pollute a child’s mind and affect growth. There are so many things which are good and so many things as well which are obviously harmful, there are also apps and games that should not be used by kids. So parents have to careful, watchful about the kids usage of those apps. Here they are some of the best free parental control apps which will protect your kids from apps and games that should not be used by them and block them to access the dangerous and negative contents.
Qustodio – Best Free Parental Control
Qustodio is one of the most comprehensive and best free parental control apps around. A full suite of parental control tools to protect kids from the worst of the web. The free version of Qustodio enabling you to set rules and time schedules, block pornography and other unsuitable content
Qustodio – Parental Control Features
- Block Inappropriate Content. Qustodio smart filters block inappropriate content even in private browsing mode.
- Balance Screen Time.
Easily limit your child’s screen time across all their devices.
- Control Games and Apps
Set time limits for games & apps or block apps you don’t want from running altogether.
Download Qustodio Parental Control
Qustodio Desktop Application
The Qustodio application runs on Windows and Mac operating systems. Qustodio is not compatible with Linux. To run the Qustodio application on your computer desktop you will need:
- 1024 MB of RAM
- 1.6 GB or more of free hard disk space
- CPU 1.8 GHz or faster
- Windows: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and El Capitan (10.11)
You can download Qustodio for Desktop here or from Amazon
Also, you can buy premium version (#1 best Amazon parental control software) from Amazon
Qustodio Premium Features
- Basic Protection
Qustodio’s world-class web filtering engine, time limits and reporting features.
- Advanced Facebook Monitoring
View status updates, pictures, friends and more on social networks.
- Time limits by device
Easily set a time schedule or limits for how much internet time is allowed each day.
- Games & Apps Blocking
Decide which games and applications can be used and when.
- Location Tracking
Track your child’s Android, Kindle, Nook on a map.
- Panic Button
Adds an SOS button to your child’s Android smartphone that sends you location-based alerts when there’s trouble.
- Calls Tracking and Blocking
See who your child calls and block unwanted numbers on his Android smartphone.
- Read and Block SMS
See who your child texts to, read text messages and set a list of blocked contacts on his Android smartphone.
- Extended Reporting
Get a full 30 days of device usage history.
- Priority Support
To help you get set up with Qustodio and answer your questions.
Qustodio Website and Family Portal
The Qustodio website and Family Portal work best on the latest versions of:
- Internet Explorer (9+)
- Google Chrome
- Safari (3+)
- Firefox (3+)
Some features may not be supported on older versions of these browsers, or on browsers not listed above. You can access and manage Qustodio at any time from its online dashboard at http://family.qustodio.com
Qustodio on Mobile Devices
iPhone and iPad App
- Require iOS 8 or later
- Download Qustodio Free Parental Control for iPhone and iPad here
- Require Android OS 4 or higher. Qustodio will install on 2.3 or higher but support will be dropped in the near future due to compatibility issues.
- Download it from Google App Store, here
- Require Kindle OS 4.0.3 or higher
- Qustodio currently is not compatible with Windows phones
Kids Place – Best Free Parental Control
Kids Place is one of the best free Parental Control for Android with child lock that can protect your device against children. An application launcher with parental control and child lock that protects your personal data and restricts children to applications you have approved. Kids Place also prevents children from downloading new applications, making phone calls, making text or performing other actions that may tell you money. Includes demand characteristics for parents, such as automatic application restart, useful for small children who accidentally sort applications launched.
Kids Place – Parental Control Features
- The customized home screen only
- Can prevent children from buying or downloading new applications
- Timer feature to lock Kids Place after specified time.
- Support multiple user profiles.
- Able to block incoming calls when Kids Place works
- Capable of disabling all wireless signals while Kids Place running
- Can restart applications accidentally stopped by small children, allowing parents to stay focused on their own tasks.
- Personalized wallpaper for your children
- Suitable for children of all ages – babies, toddlers, even teenagers
- Plugins – Kids Place provides additional parental controls for filtering website content; Videos and images via a plugin design. Go to the> plugins parameter to access these features.
Download Kids Place Parental Control
Kids Place parental control is a free app. However, there are some additional premium features, which become available only after an in-app purchase. With a pay version, you will be able to run Kids Place in a background mode, block uninstallation of the app, use an option to always start on reboot, and set a customized title for a home screen. You can download Kids Place Parental Control for free from Google Play Store or from Amazon
Kids Zone Parental Controls
Kids Zone is another best free parental control app. The chore mode gives you the capability to set a time limit that determines when your child can use the smartphone. You have full control over what apps your kids will see, which makes this a must have for every parent who shares their devices with the little ones. Other notable features include relocking the device after rebooting, blocking phone calls as well as text messages and Internet access, blocking apps installation and in-app purchasing, and various other features.
Kids Zone Parental Controls Features
- Limit Kid’s Screen Time with Time-Outs
When time-outs are enabled parents can set a device screen time limit. When the time limit is up, parent’s must re-enable use of the device before kids can play again.
- Prevent access to the Internet and block ad clicks
- Block in-app purchases or app installs from the Google Play store
- Re-lock the device automatically if it’s rebooted
- Block children from making phone calls or texts unless allowed to do such
Automatically reload apps for small children(Pro Version)
- Block access to Home, notifications, system menus, all device settings and personal data
Create unlimited profiles of children’s apps for each child or for each type of app(Pro Version)
- Countdown shows kids how much screen-time they have left until the device locks
- Customize each profile with your child’s favorite HD wallpaper
- Kids Zone analyzes apps on your device to recommend child proof apps
Quick Unlock allows parents to quickly take incoming calls while locked(Pro Version)
Download Kids Zone Parental Controls for Android
You can download this best free parental control app from Google Play store, from this page