Previously we have written a complete listing of the best video editors for GoPro, both free and paid video editors, for those of you who have not read and know that list, you can read it on Complete List of Best GoPro Video Editors. In this article I will list the free version of GoPro Video Editor only, which is very feasible for you to use in your GoPro video editing.
Here is a list of free GoPro video editors
- GoPro Studio (Free) for Windows and Mac
- iMovie (Free) for Mac OS
- DaVinci Resolve for Windows and Mac (Free and Paid for DaVinci Studio)
- Blender (Free)
- Splice (Free) for Mobile – Free Video Editor + Movie Maker by GoPro
- Quik (Free) for Windows, Mac and Mobile
- Antix – Video Editor inc GoPro for Mobile
- Lightworks Free (Free) for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Windows Movie Maker (Free) Windows This program is no longer supported by Windows
GoPro Studio comes with some admirable presets and it’s easy to mix clips, speed up/slow down frame rate, crop, make image adjustments and render for a variety of platforms (including YouTube, Vimeo, UHD 4K or custom)
This video editor offers a set of free templates to accelerate your video editing jobs. Just drag and drop your own clips into the template and then export to get the result.
GoPro Studio Supported File Format
Here they are video, image and audio file format supported by GoPro Studio
Supported Video Format
GoPro Studio can import and convert: MP4 video files from the original HD Hero Original, HD Hero 2, HERO3, and HERO3+. MOV video files from Canon and Nikon DSLRs (except in Windows 8) and sure GoPro CineForm AVI
Supported Image Format
JPG files from GoPro HD Hero, Hero 2 and Hero 3 cameras.
Supported Audio Format
MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A and CAF
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – GoPro Studio
Now you can download GoPro Studio bundled with GoPro – Quik Desktop
iMovie has evolved over the time to become one of the best video editor in the market. You can easily adjust the levels of your audio clip right from the iMovie but the clips have to be in the events browser. Accessing the feature is very easy as you will only be required to highlight or select the clip and then hit it off on the auto button from the toolbar of the iMovie.
iMovie Supported File Format
Video formats supported
iMovie supports multiple video formats and allows you to create projects that are tailored to your specific video format. You can use the following formats in iMovie: DV, HDV, AVCHD, Apple Intermediate Codec, Apple Animation Codec, Motion JPEG/A, iFrame, h.264, etc.
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – iMovie
You can download iMovie from iMovie – Apple
DaVinci Resolve features the creative tools, compatibility, speed and famous image quality you need to manage your complete workflow, which is why it is the number one solution used on Hollywood feature films. It is very impressive software with many features comparable to Premiere Pro
DaVinci Resolve 12.5 is a enormous update with over 1,000 enhancements and 250 new features that give video editors and colorists dozens of new editing and trimming tools, incredible new media management and organization functions, new retiming effects, enhanced keyframe controls, on-screen text editing, new ResolveFX plug-ins and much more! The re-designed node editor is easier and more intuitive to use, there are new HDR grading tools, vastly improved noise reduction, lens distortion correction, a completely redesigned Deliver page for outputting projects and a new Fusion Connect command for round tripping visual effects shots between DaVinci Resolve and Fusion!
DaVinci Resolve Supported File Format
Video codec: QuickTime, Prores, DNxHD, MXF, DPX, CIN, EXR
Image format: TIFF, JPEG, MOV, TGA, BMP
Camera raw format: Blackmagic CinemaDNG RAW, ARRI Alexa RAW and Amira. RED One, EPIC , Scarlet and Dragon R3D files including +5K, monochrome and HDRx images, Cineform , Cineform 3D, Phantom Raw, GoPro, Nikon, Canon C300, C500 and 1D, 5D, 7D, Sony F65/F55/F5 RAW, Sony XAVC variants
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – DaVinci Resolve
Get latest DaVinci Resolve at Blackmagic Design – DaVinci Resolve 12 Compare
Blender now features a powerful new unbiased rendering engine called Cycles that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering. The video editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing, as well as more complex tasks like video masking.
Blender offers an impressive set of rigging tools including:
- Envelope, skeleton and automatic skinning
- Easy weight painting
- Mirror functionality
- Bone layers and colored groups for organization
- B-spline interpolated bones
Blender Supported File Format
Blender develop packed with import/export support for many different programs, so this GoPro video editor have supported these file format
JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, TARGA, OpenEXR, DPX, Cineon, Radiance HDR, SGI Iris, TIFF
AVI, MPEG and Quicktime (on OSX).
Alembic, 3D Studio (3DS), COLLADA (DAE), Filmbox (FBX), Autodesk (DXF), Wavefront (OBJ), DirectX (x), Lightwave (LWO), Motion Capture (BVH), SVG, Stanford PLY, STL, VRML, VRML97, X3D.
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – Blender
Download this video editor from Blender
Splice makes it easy to produce professional looking videos on your iPhone® or iPad®. Imagine the performance of a desktop video editor, optimized for your mobile device. Splice works with photos and videos captured with your GoPro and phone
Splice Supported File Format
Splice Video Formats
Splice is designed for use with videos captured with your GoPro, iOS devices and any other format that your device can handle. Creating projects that contain videos from other sources may result in unexpected issues.
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – Splice
You can download this video editing application from Splice Video Editor by GoPro
Import and enjoy your GoPro footage and create beautiful videos with just a few clicks. Create beautiful videos with just a few taps. Editing has never been this fast.
- Analyzes your photos and video clips to find great moments.
- Adds transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.
- Customize your story with text, filters, music and more.
- Easily transform your footage into awesome videos synced to music.
- Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots.
- Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing.
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – Quik
Antix is the best video editing application for creating awesome shareable videos. Antix works with your Android smartphone and GoPro camera. Perfect for dashing creating videos of your action sports, holidays, adventures and all those amazing moments. Antix is absolutely free
Antix GoPro Compatible
- Connect and control your GoPro with WiFi
- Ride with Antix, and your phone will track your motion to identify all the awesome moments and download them straight to your phone
- Browse and select your favourite video clips from your GoPro and Antix will download them straight the Antix movie editor
- Works with GoPro Hero4, Hero3+, Hero3, Hero+ LCD, Hero4 Session* (*Please update the firmware of your GoPro camera to the latest version before you use Antix)
- GoPro Hero5 is now compatible with Antix
- GoPro Hero session now works better than ever with Antix.
- Uploading is now smoother than butter with no extra sign-ins required
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – Antix
Lightworks has the widest native format support available in any professional NLE. MXF, Quicktime and AVI containers, with almost every format you can think of importing natively without the need for transcoding, from ProRes, Avid DNxHD, AVC-Intra, DVCPRO HD, RED R3D, DPX, AVCHD (with AC3 audio), H.264, XDCAM EX / HD 422, all on the same timeline in realtime. Whether you are running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X, the power of Lightworks will be right at your fingertips.
The video files created by Lightworks are ready-made for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Instagram. You even have the option to upload directly to your YouTube account in one easy step, so you have more time to make a excellent movies
Lightworks Supported File Format
Lightworks Import Formats (Lightworks Pro and Free):
- DVCAM / DVCPRO 25
- DVCPRO 50
- DVCPRO HD
- Uncompressed SD 8 bit and 10 bit
- Uncompressed HD 8 bit and 10 bit
- MPEG-2 I-Frame SD
- MPEG-2 I-Frame HD
- MPEG-2 Long GOP
- IMX 30, 40, 50
- AVCHD (M2T, M2TS, MPEG4, H.264)
- Avid DNxHD – all variants, including Thin Raster**
- AVC-Intra 50
- AVC-Intra 100
- XDCAM EX (native MP4 support)
- XDCAM HD
- XDCAM HD 50 422
- Apple Pro Res
- RED R3D
- DPX 8 bit, 10 bit, 16 bit
- Image Sequence (BMP, DPX, JPEG, PNG, TGA, Compressed TGA, TIFF)
- Broadcast Wave Format with drop and non-drop frame timecode options
- Cinema DNG
Output Formats (Lightworks Free):
- Web-compatible file (MPEG4/H.264 – max. resolution: 1280x720p pixels) with optional upload direct to Youtube
- Lightworks Archive
Download Free GoPro Video Editor – Lightworks Free
Please download Lightworks Free for Windows, Mac, and Linux to edit your GoPro videos here at Lightworks Download page